Salt Spring Island is accessible by ferry (car/passenger), float plane, or by boat. The Armand Heights Bed & Breakfast is located near the center of the island up Dukes road, off of Fulford-Ganges Road (look for our sign).
BC Ferries offer a number of regular services to Salt Spring Island. Consult the BC Ferries website for schedules and rates.
From Vancouver, Canada:
- Via Tsawwassen Ferry terminal to Long Harbour, Salt Spring Island.
Direct 1.5 hrs, stopping 2.5hrs.
- From Tsawwassen Ferry terminal to Fulford Harbour, Salt Spring Island.
2.5hrs, with a change of ferry at Swartz Bay.
- From Horseshoe Bay Ferry terminal to Vesuvius, Salt Spring Island.
Total 3.5hrs. (1.5 hr ferry from Horseshoe Bay Ferry to Nanaimo. Drive south for 40mins to Crofton. 20min ferry from Crofton to Vesuvius.)
From Vancouver Island / Victoria:
- From Swartz Bay Ferry terminal (close to Victoria), to Fulford Harbour, Salt Spring Island. Direct 35mins.
- From Crofton Ferry terminal (between Duncan and Chemainus) to Vesuvius, Salt Spring Island. Direct 20mins.
From Washington State, U.S.A.:
A number of ferry operators service Vancouver Island and Victoria from Washington State, where you can then connect with BC Ferries to Salt Spring. (Please click the links below for further information.)
- The Victoria Clipper: 1-206-448-5000 in Seattle, 250-382-8100 in Victoria
Passenger-only ferry from downtown Seattle to Victoria’s inner harbour.
- The Coho: 360-457-4491 in U.S. or 250-386-2202 in Canada
Sails to Victoria from Port Angeles.
- Washington State Ferries: 1-800-843-3779 in Seattle or 250-381-1551 in Sidney
From Anacortes, U.S.A. and the San Juan Islands to Sidney, north of Victoria near Swartz Bay ferry terminal.